So I know that I’m a little bit late for this post, but I thought better late than never! This is my first favorites post, and if I’m being honest I won’t do them often because I really don’t have that much new things every month.(too expensive for me!)
1. Deo from Färg och Förändring. This deodorant is so good! It has really good ingredients and it works as well. The smell is very girly and fruity and I wear this when I’m going to work, to school or when I go shopping and it stays one. I don’t think it will work when you workout but you’re supposed to sweat when you exercise! Not smell like a flower. I will definitly buy this one again. There are other scents and you can buy it here
2. Naked Lips lipbalm. I wrote about this lip balm here and I still like it. You can read about what I wrote there.
3. Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-Use-Blush in Tender. This is a sheer formula and normally I don’t use blush but I this one changed my mind. I love the baby pink color, it gives a nice healthy glow to the cheeks and it’s the first baby pink color that I can wear on my lips that doesn’t make me look ill. I also tried to apply it on my eyes but it didn’t show up the way I wanted. This is a sample and I’ve used it many times already (and I got much left.) The only thing I don’t like about this one is the price.
4. Pai Skincare Camomille and Rosehip Calming Day Cream. So I don’t use it as a day cream but as a night cream. It makes my skin glowy and look a lot smoother. It has the same effects as Argan oil but this calms my skin more and takes away the redness better. It was a sample and I used it for two weeks almost every night! So a little goes a long way. This product is for those who have sensitive skin.
5. Organic Rosewater. I wrote about this product in my mini-haul and you can read it here. This is my new holy grail. I use this everyday, in my hair and on my face and it works amazing. I prep my face with it before moisturizer and I set my makeup with it. I also like to spray it in my hair and it both gives volume and moisture. If you haven’t tried rosewater, try it! You won’t regret it,
So yesterday I did some shopping and got some things home. Not much, but I still want to share 🙂
1. Pukka refresh tea. They have so many differet flavours and this one is organic and naturally caffeine free. As the name says it’s very refreshing, you can taste the peppermint flavour more than licorice. It’s very sweet and not bitter at all. It says that it will help digestion and freshen the palate. I will definitly buy more of their tea!
2. Frantsila Organics Rosewater. Frantsila Organics is a finnish company who makes natural and organic skincare. The herbs and plants are grown at their own farm here in Finland. There is no mineral oils, silicones, artificial fragrances or colors in their products. There products are not tested on animals and they fulfill the standards of European natural cosmetic. You can read more about their products here. I’ve only tried this rosewater twice; to set my makeup and after I’ve washed my face as a toner. I can’t say so much about the product right now but so far I like it.
3. Naked lips Sea Buckthorn Lip Balm. Naked lips is a swedish brand. They make lip balms and recently they launched lip tints. The lip balm is gluten free, soy free, it does not contain any parabens or silicones and all there products are cruelty-free, I like this one, it smells fresh and makes my lips soft. Their lip tints looks really interesting, and I will probably try one of them as soon as you can buy them in Finland.
4. Organic Chia seeds. I’ve only heard good things about chia seeds and I wanted to try out chia pudding so I decided to give it a go. Chia seeds are a great source of omega-3 fats, fibre, vitamines, antioxidants and minerals like calcium, magneisum and phosphorus. Chia seeds contains more antioxidants than blueberries, and as you may know blueberries is a great source of antioxidants. You can put this in your morning oatmeal, smoothie or make chia pudding.
So summer is getting closer and what I’ve been longing for is tanned skin, without having to lie in the sun for several hours per day. I want that sunkissed look without having to look orange or risking to get skin cancer. I’ve been wanting to try out the St. Tropez self tanners, because I’ve heard that the colour looks amazing because of the green tone to it. (now it doesn’t look green, it just looks more natural than the other because they look more orange) I had no idea that they had a natural version of St. Tropez, so when I found out about the St. Tropez Naturals Self Tan Lotion I had to buy it. One thing that really disappoints me is that it contains DHA, which I had read that it didn’t, but I guess I have to read the ingredient list more carefully from now on. I’m still going to use it, because I don’t want to throw away a expensive bottle.
I should probably tell you that I’ve never used a self tanner before so this was a new experience for me and I don’t really have anything to compare it with. So let’s move on to the product.
This is a gradual tanner that you should apply 2-3 times a week. The formula is a little bit thicker than a normal body lotion. It was easy to apply and it blended beautifully. It also dried really fast. I applied it in the evening after I had exfoliated and applied a body lotion. When I applied it it looked like a normal body lotion, at first it didn’t give any color at all, but when I woke up in the morning I had got a sunkissed look to my skin. nothing dramatic but you could see it, it looked like I had been on holiday for a week. (now I don’t get easily tanned) I also applied it to my face and it worked out just fine, even though it’s not meant for your face. You can build the colour up if you want it to be darker. The scent is very strong when you apply it, but fades away after a some time. It smells like a mixture of a male parfume and mangoes. that’s the easiest way I can describe it.
so all in all:
+ nice colour, gives you a helthy glow!
+ nice packaging
+ easy to apply
+ dries fast
+ leaves a nice shimmer
+ you can build it up if you want it to be darker
(+ works on the face too, at least for me )
– a little bit expensive
– might not be natural enough for you
– contains DHA
I must say I love to be a little bit tanned, because I’m pale almost all year around. I will definitly keep using this, because I really like the result, sunkissed skin is always welcome in my life!
Today I’m going to write about Argan oil. You have probably heard of it by now, but have you tried it? I bought a bottle of Argan oil a month ago and I immediatly fell in love. It gives my skin an amazing glow that no other oil does and it does not make my face feel greasy. It’s able to get rid of acne scars and also acne itself. I can’t use avocado oil because it gives me breakout, but this does the opposite. I like to apply a few drops to my face after I’ve washed it when it’s still wet and my skin absorbs it really fast. Argan oil is extremely rich in beneficial nutrients including fatty acids and vitamin E.
Argan oil will suit you if you have oily, combination or/and sensitive skin
Skin benefits of Argan oil:
+ Gets rid of acne scars
+ Reduces acne
+ is anti-aging
+ improves skin metabolism
+ reduces inflammation
… and so much more.
I also like to apply it to my hair when I need more moisture or when I have frizzy hair.
Coconut oil or Argan oil? Which one is better?
I love coconut oil but somehow argan oil works better as a facial moisturizer. Argan oil is more lightweight than coconut oil and because I have oily skin lightweight is better for me. I still like to apply coconut oil as a body lotion or as a hair mask, I feel like argan oil is a little bit too expensive for me to use on my whole body.
After using argan oil for a month I’ve noticed that my skin looks more smooth, more glowing and has less acne scaring.
If you are looking for an Argan oil be sure to look for one that is 100% cold pressed, organic, virgin Argan oil. Argan oil should be the only ingridient.
I hope this post helped you! If you have questions just comment and I will answer 🙂
So these two are the shampoo and conditioner that I have been using since christmas. It’s the Nourish and Repair shampoo and conditioner. My hair is thin and dry and I have a lot of split ends, so that’s why I chose Nourish and Repair. I wash my hair twice a week, and I like to put coconut or argan oil in my hair as a hair mask the night before I shower . The products are vegan, cruelty free, Eco Cert certified, gluten free and nut free. 99% of the ingridients are natural. They don’t contain any silicones, parabens, mineral oil or other synthetic ingredients.
Mádara Nourish and Repair Shampoo
Pros: The shampoo really cleans my hair and it lathers really well. It has a nice consistency and it’s easy to apply.
Cons: I wish the ingredients were even more natural. It does contain Sodium coco-sulfate and it can make my hair a little bit dry. It’s also a little bit expensive.
Mádara Noursih and Repair Conditioner
Pros: It has a really nice creamy consistency and it makes my hair smooth, soft and easy to comb. It’s easy to apply and it doesn’t weigh my hair down. It is the best natural conditioner I have used so far.
Cons: Same as the Shampoo, I wish the ingredients were more natural and maybe give my hair a little bit more moisture.
All in all; It is a good shampoo and conditioner but I wish they were more natural and could do something about my dry hair. If you are new to the green beauty products I really recommend these products! They are easy to work with and the consistency is like non-natural products. And they might work better for those who doesn’t have dry hair. My hair can be impossible sometimes. I will probably not purchase them again, just because I’m looking for products that are more natural and with more moisture. If you think this is natural enough for you, then go ahead and try these! I’m sure you’ll like them. 🙂
So I decided to take some pictures while wearing the lipsticks I wrote about here. Just a little reminder, the pigment are not as strong because I used a lip pencil. Also, you can see that the three nudes Brown Sugar, Natural and Nude looks very similar.
1. Brown Sugar
5. Sheer peach
7. Pink flesh
I hope these pictures helped you. I am still not sure which color I should buy! I love all the colors! I can only buy one because they are pretty expensive (29.95 dollars) Which one do you think I should buy? 🙂
Estelle & Thild is a Swedish organic brand that has a wide range of products for skin, body and baby care. The brand is certified organic and has different products for different skin types. You can visit their website here.
I had no idea that the brand was organic when I bought these product, because I wasn’t into natural products at that time. I just wanted a simple makeup remover and all the ones I had been trying out just made my skin worse. The reason why I bought the cleansing gel was because it was on sale and the packaging was cute. I’m so happy that I bought it, because it made such a difference to my skin.
Cleansing Gel Neroli – I love this cleanser. It is very gentle on your skin and it’s for normal to combination skin. It cleared up my skin really fast and I was just amazed by the product. All the products I used before just irritated my skin and it would cause break outs. A lot of them. This product does not do that at all. The sent is really refreshing and citrusy and does not dry your skin out. My skin has been pretty dry this winter and it has still worked for me. The only problem is that it will not take away your eyemakeup or loads of foundation but it hasn’t been a problem for me. I like to take away my eyemakeup with coconut oil, and after that I will use the Cleansing Gel. The ingridients are also very good. I absolutely recommend this wonderful product!
Facial Toner Neroli – I bought this toner because I liked the clenasing gel so much. This on the other hand is not as good as the cleansing gel. I like to apply the toner after I use the cleansing gel, but my experience has not been so good so far. It’s supposed to give your skin an energy-boost and balance your skin. I don’t like the sent so much, it’s too strong for me. First when I applied it to my skin it was cooling and refreshing, but after a few seconds my skin started to burn really much and my face was soooo red. I didn’t do anything about it, I just went to bed. The next day when I woke up my skin was completely normal, no acne and my pores were a lot smaller and my skin looked more even and had a nice glow. I’m still a little bit confused about this product and I don’t know whether I should still use it. I think I will give it some time, but the burning has just scared me. I might be allergic to something that’s in the toner, because I’ve heard nice things about it!
UPDATE: I continued to use the toner, and now it doesn’t burn anymore and my face don’t get red! I don’t know what happened and why, but it’s a miracle. Now I don’t have to throw it away, maybe the redness was just a reaction or something, I honestly have no idea. I will continue to use this product until I stumble up on something else. Do you have any good suggestions?? Let me know!
All in all, I would absolutely recommend the clenasing gel – it’s amazing. I will continue to use the toner but I’m not sure if I will buy it again.
Thank you for reading!