So yesterday I did some shopping and got some things home. Not much, but I still want to share 🙂
1. Pukka refresh tea. They have so many differet flavours and this one is organic and naturally caffeine free. As the name says it’s very refreshing, you can taste the peppermint flavour more than licorice. It’s very sweet and not bitter at all. It says that it will help digestion and freshen the palate. I will definitly buy more of their tea!
2. Frantsila Organics Rosewater. Frantsila Organics is a finnish company who makes natural and organic skincare. The herbs and plants are grown at their own farm here in Finland. There is no mineral oils, silicones, artificial fragrances or colors in their products. There products are not tested on animals and they fulfill the standards of European natural cosmetic. You can read more about their products here. I’ve only tried this rosewater twice; to set my makeup and after I’ve washed my face as a toner. I can’t say so much about the product right now but so far I like it.
3. Naked lips Sea Buckthorn Lip Balm. Naked lips is a swedish brand. They make lip balms and recently they launched lip tints. The lip balm is gluten free, soy free, it does not contain any parabens or silicones and all there products are cruelty-free, I like this one, it smells fresh and makes my lips soft. Their lip tints looks really interesting, and I will probably try one of them as soon as you can buy them in Finland.
4. Organic Chia seeds. I’ve only heard good things about chia seeds and I wanted to try out chia pudding so I decided to give it a go. Chia seeds are a great source of omega-3 fats, fibre, vitamines, antioxidants and minerals like calcium, magneisum and phosphorus. Chia seeds contains more antioxidants than blueberries, and as you may know blueberries is a great source of antioxidants. You can put this in your morning oatmeal, smoothie or make chia pudding.
So summer is getting closer and what I’ve been longing for is tanned skin, without having to lie in the sun for several hours per day. I want that sunkissed look without having to look orange or risking to get skin cancer. I’ve been wanting to try out the St. Tropez self tanners, because I’ve heard that the colour looks amazing because of the green tone to it. (now it doesn’t look green, it just looks more natural than the other because they look more orange) I had no idea that they had a natural version of St. Tropez, so when I found out about the St. Tropez Naturals Self Tan Lotion I had to buy it. One thing that really disappoints me is that it contains DHA, which I had read that it didn’t, but I guess I have to read the ingredient list more carefully from now on. I’m still going to use it, because I don’t want to throw away a expensive bottle.
I should probably tell you that I’ve never used a self tanner before so this was a new experience for me and I don’t really have anything to compare it with. So let’s move on to the product.
This is a gradual tanner that you should apply 2-3 times a week. The formula is a little bit thicker than a normal body lotion. It was easy to apply and it blended beautifully. It also dried really fast. I applied it in the evening after I had exfoliated and applied a body lotion. When I applied it it looked like a normal body lotion, at first it didn’t give any color at all, but when I woke up in the morning I had got a sunkissed look to my skin. nothing dramatic but you could see it, it looked like I had been on holiday for a week. (now I don’t get easily tanned) I also applied it to my face and it worked out just fine, even though it’s not meant for your face. You can build the colour up if you want it to be darker. The scent is very strong when you apply it, but fades away after a some time. It smells like a mixture of a male parfume and mangoes. that’s the easiest way I can describe it.
so all in all:
+ nice colour, gives you a helthy glow!
+ nice packaging
+ easy to apply
+ dries fast
+ leaves a nice shimmer
+ you can build it up if you want it to be darker
(+ works on the face too, at least for me )
– a little bit expensive
– might not be natural enough for you
– contains DHA
I must say I love to be a little bit tanned, because I’m pale almost all year around. I will definitly keep using this, because I really like the result, sunkissed skin is always welcome in my life!
Today I’m going to write about Argan oil. You have probably heard of it by now, but have you tried it? I bought a bottle of Argan oil a month ago and I immediatly fell in love. It gives my skin an amazing glow that no other oil does and it does not make my face feel greasy. It’s able to get rid of acne scars and also acne itself. I can’t use avocado oil because it gives me breakout, but this does the opposite. I like to apply a few drops to my face after I’ve washed it when it’s still wet and my skin absorbs it really fast. Argan oil is extremely rich in beneficial nutrients including fatty acids and vitamin E.
Argan oil will suit you if you have oily, combination or/and sensitive skin
Skin benefits of Argan oil:
+ Gets rid of acne scars
+ Reduces acne
+ is anti-aging
+ improves skin metabolism
+ reduces inflammation
… and so much more.
I also like to apply it to my hair when I need more moisture or when I have frizzy hair.
Coconut oil or Argan oil? Which one is better?
I love coconut oil but somehow argan oil works better as a facial moisturizer. Argan oil is more lightweight than coconut oil and because I have oily skin lightweight is better for me. I still like to apply coconut oil as a body lotion or as a hair mask, I feel like argan oil is a little bit too expensive for me to use on my whole body.
After using argan oil for a month I’ve noticed that my skin looks more smooth, more glowing and has less acne scaring.
If you are looking for an Argan oil be sure to look for one that is 100% cold pressed, organic, virgin Argan oil. Argan oil should be the only ingridient.
I hope this post helped you! If you have questions just comment and I will answer 🙂