Hi there! Today I will write about the Zuii Organic’s Certified Organic Flora lipsticks, as I promised. There are many different shades to choose. I purchased seven samples, four of the shades are nude, and 3 are peach/pink. I’m searching for the perfect nude lipstick, and I think that I might have found it. 🙂 The texture is creamy, but I still like to put a lipbalm underneath. I have to exfoliate before I put the lipstick on, otherwise if I have some dry skin it can show up. I used a lip pencil, and the pigment was pretty good, and I’m sure if you put the lipstick on directly from the tube, the pigment will be stronger. These green lipsticks are certified organic and all the shades are really beautiful. The finish is matte and that’s what I’m looking for when it comes to nude shades. The ingridient are also very good, for instance sunflower oil, castor oil and jojoba oil! The lipsticks smell good, just like flowers.
So this is what the samples look like. The amount is different in all the samples, some of them had a lot of the product and some had really little.
These are the peachy / pinky shades.
And these are the nudes.
So here are the swatches!
1. Brown Sugar is a lovely nude and the shade suits me well. It’s a pinky- nude shade but has a brown hint to it. I am very pale right now so it will suit you if you have pale skin like me, and it will also look good on faire to medium skin tones. It might be a little bit pale for darker skin tones. It has more of a cool undertone but it doesn’t make me look sick, and believe me, I have a problem when it comes to finding a nude that doesn’t make me look ill. I think this will look good for an everyday look or a night time look (like a smokey eye)
2. Natural. This one is very similar to the brown sugar, but it’s a little bit darker, more brown-ish and has a warmer undertone. I think this will look good in the summer when I’m tanned. It also looks good right now when I’m pale but it’s a liiiittle bit too dark for being a nude. Still, I would use it in an everyday look because it’s a beatiful shade.
3. Nude is more pink than the other nudes and the color is very pretty. It reminds me a little bit of the shade that Lana del Ray often uses.
4. Clay is a peachy nude shade with an orange tint. I think it will look good in summer, but it doesn’t suit me now when I’m pale. Of all the nude shades this one was my least favorite. I would probably call this one a peachy-orangey color over a nude, but that is my personal opinion. Some people might disagree.
5. Sheer peach is a beautiful pinky-peach shade. It’s looks a little bit darker in the sample but when I apply it it looks lighter and more girly.
6. Mandarin. This one is the perfect lipstick if you’re looking for a pop of color on your lips but don’t want it to be a red or a bright pink. It’s a bright peachy shade with a warm undertone. Even though it’s very bright it still looks somehow natural. I really liked this one and it will look great with tanned skin and a winged eyeliner! I want subtle lipsticks but somehow this one just makes me want to buy it immediatly. It has a slightly orange tint to it but it doesn’t look too ‘orangey’ if you know what I mean 🙂
7. Pink flesh. Last one! Because of the name (pink flesh) I was expecting a pink shade. This one is more of a peachy-nude pink shade! Hard to describe, but the best way is a mixture of dusty pink and peach, and then they have added some nude color into it.
Well, describing these colors was harder then I had expected! All the colors are very similar, sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference. It was my first time, I hope I did okay. 🙂 If you want, I could take some pictures while I’m wearing them, so it’s easier to see what the colors look like. Do you think I should do that?
Let me know what you think, and which color you think is the prettiest. I have to say my favorites are Brown Sugar, Nude and Mandarin.