I’m back with another review! This time I’m going to write about 100% Pure and their tinted moisturizer. As I wrote earlier here on my blog, I wanted a BB-cream or a tinted moisturizer to use in the summer. It had to be light but still give a little bit of coverage. I didn’t want to pack on a heavy foundation when it was summer.
I searched for a long time when I finally decided to try out 100% pure tinted moisturizer. I’ve heard good things about the 100% pure foundation so I decided to give the tinted moisturizer a go. The only thing I was worried about was if it would be enough coverage for me. Now when I’ve used it for 3 months I can’t say anything else than that I am very happy with the product!
I would say that the coverage is light, it doesn’t cover up your skin, but it still evens out your skintone. The result is not matte skin, but a nice glow (very nice). I used it when I went shopping or when I was going out with my friends. I did not powder my face afterwards because it felt like it took away the glow that the tinted moisturizer gave. Therefor it didn’t last that long, maybe 7-8 hours depending on how much product I had put on. The product goes on smooth and is easy to work with.
I have oily skin in the summer and I thought that the tinted moisturizer would be too oily for my skin, because that’s the main problem I have with BB-cream. Luckily, my skin looked glowy, not oily.
The only problem I had with this tinted moisturizer was the color. It was good when I was tanned, but now when I’m getting paler it doesn’t look as good. It looks a little bit orange, but I guess I just have to buy a lighter color. I have the color white peach, the second lightest color. I will probably buy the lighter color now when winter is getting closer!
Before (no makeup at all):
– Evens out skintone
– Good ingridients
– Does not make my skin oily
Hope you like this post! If you have any questions feel free to ask! 🙂
So it’s been awhile.. The reason why I haven’t posted anything is mostly because I have been working, studying and enjoying summer. But I’m not working anymore so I have more time to post new things. I’m going to start with an amazing recipe I found on a vegan blog. The owner of the blog is a girl from Norway and she posts a lot of vegan and gluten-free recipes. (disclaimer, everything looks so yummy so you will probably try one of her recipes immediately!)
Click here to see the recipe!
Now of course I had already taken a piece of the pie before thinking that I had to take a picture if I could post it here! (I hope you don’t mind 🙂 )
I have to say the Banoffe Pie turned out really good and many people wanted the recipe. This is perfect for those who are allergic to chocolate, gluten or lactose.
Let me know if you tried it and if you liked it!
So I know that I’m a little bit late for this post, but I thought better late than never! This is my first favorites post, and if I’m being honest I won’t do them often because I really don’t have that much new things every month.(too expensive for me!)
1. Deo from Färg och Förändring. This deodorant is so good! It has really good ingredients and it works as well. The smell is very girly and fruity and I wear this when I’m going to work, to school or when I go shopping and it stays one. I don’t think it will work when you workout but you’re supposed to sweat when you exercise! Not smell like a flower. I will definitly buy this one again. There are other scents and you can buy it here
2. Naked Lips lipbalm. I wrote about this lip balm here and I still like it. You can read about what I wrote there.
3. Vapour Organic Beauty Aura Multi-Use-Blush in Tender. This is a sheer formula and normally I don’t use blush but I this one changed my mind. I love the baby pink color, it gives a nice healthy glow to the cheeks and it’s the first baby pink color that I can wear on my lips that doesn’t make me look ill. I also tried to apply it on my eyes but it didn’t show up the way I wanted. This is a sample and I’ve used it many times already (and I got much left.) The only thing I don’t like about this one is the price.
4. Pai Skincare Camomille and Rosehip Calming Day Cream. So I don’t use it as a day cream but as a night cream. It makes my skin glowy and look a lot smoother. It has the same effects as Argan oil but this calms my skin more and takes away the redness better. It was a sample and I used it for two weeks almost every night! So a little goes a long way. This product is for those who have sensitive skin.
5. Organic Rosewater. I wrote about this product in my mini-haul and you can read it here. This is my new holy grail. I use this everyday, in my hair and on my face and it works amazing. I prep my face with it before moisturizer and I set my makeup with it. I also like to spray it in my hair and it both gives volume and moisture. If you haven’t tried rosewater, try it! You won’t regret it,
I purchased two things from Lily Lolo a week ago, a bronzer in the colour Wakiki and an eye pencil in black. I’ve used them both a couple of times and I thought I would do a review on them. Lily Lolo is a British company who makes natural makeup and their products are free from parabens, synthetic parfumes and dyes. The bronzer was £13.49 and the eye pencil £6.99 so they are not expensive at all, if you compare it to other companies. You can read more about them here and look at their products.
So first about the bronzer: I bought the lightest shade, Wakiki. They also have two darker colours. The bronzer is shimmery and has a yellow undertone. You can use it to contour, you just put it where the sun naturally hits your face (your nose, forehead and cheeckbones) Personally, I would have ordered a darker shade, because it was too light for me to use in the summer, but it will probably work in the winter when I’m more pale. Still, it went on smoothly and I could easily blend it. It looked good and I highly recommend it to people who have a light skin tone! As you can see on the picture below it almost blends in with my skin tone and I like the bronzer to be a little bit darker. Now I’m thinking about buying the darker colour, because beside the colour I liked the bronzer.
My second purchase was an eye pencil in black. Since I don’t own an all natural eye pencil I really wanted this one to work. It goes on very smoothly, almost too smoothly. It can transfer on your lower waterline if you put it on your upper waterline and it easily smudges. If your going for a smoky eye kind of effect than this eye pencil will probably work for you cause it’s easy to blend. When I use it I really have to be careful so it won’t smudge or go anywhere. The colour is really black so that is a big plus, but I’m kind of sad that I have to be so careful. It’s hard to use and you should not buy this if you are new to makeup. I will still use it, but I will not buy it again.
All in all, I got a good impression of Lily Lolo and I will buy more of their products! 🙂 I’ve been looking at their blushes and lip glosses. Have anyone tried any of their products? If so, what do you think?
So yesterday I did some shopping and got some things home. Not much, but I still want to share 🙂
1. Pukka refresh tea. They have so many differet flavours and this one is organic and naturally caffeine free. As the name says it’s very refreshing, you can taste the peppermint flavour more than licorice. It’s very sweet and not bitter at all. It says that it will help digestion and freshen the palate. I will definitly buy more of their tea!
2. Frantsila Organics Rosewater. Frantsila Organics is a finnish company who makes natural and organic skincare. The herbs and plants are grown at their own farm here in Finland. There is no mineral oils, silicones, artificial fragrances or colors in their products. There products are not tested on animals and they fulfill the standards of European natural cosmetic. You can read more about their products here. I’ve only tried this rosewater twice; to set my makeup and after I’ve washed my face as a toner. I can’t say so much about the product right now but so far I like it.
3. Naked lips Sea Buckthorn Lip Balm. Naked lips is a swedish brand. They make lip balms and recently they launched lip tints. The lip balm is gluten free, soy free, it does not contain any parabens or silicones and all there products are cruelty-free, I like this one, it smells fresh and makes my lips soft. Their lip tints looks really interesting, and I will probably try one of them as soon as you can buy them in Finland.
4. Organic Chia seeds. I’ve only heard good things about chia seeds and I wanted to try out chia pudding so I decided to give it a go. Chia seeds are a great source of omega-3 fats, fibre, vitamines, antioxidants and minerals like calcium, magneisum and phosphorus. Chia seeds contains more antioxidants than blueberries, and as you may know blueberries is a great source of antioxidants. You can put this in your morning oatmeal, smoothie or make chia pudding.
So summer is getting closer and what I’ve been longing for is tanned skin, without having to lie in the sun for several hours per day. I want that sunkissed look without having to look orange or risking to get skin cancer. I’ve been wanting to try out the St. Tropez self tanners, because I’ve heard that the colour looks amazing because of the green tone to it. (now it doesn’t look green, it just looks more natural than the other because they look more orange) I had no idea that they had a natural version of St. Tropez, so when I found out about the St. Tropez Naturals Self Tan Lotion I had to buy it. One thing that really disappoints me is that it contains DHA, which I had read that it didn’t, but I guess I have to read the ingredient list more carefully from now on. I’m still going to use it, because I don’t want to throw away a expensive bottle.
I should probably tell you that I’ve never used a self tanner before so this was a new experience for me and I don’t really have anything to compare it with. So let’s move on to the product.
This is a gradual tanner that you should apply 2-3 times a week. The formula is a little bit thicker than a normal body lotion. It was easy to apply and it blended beautifully. It also dried really fast. I applied it in the evening after I had exfoliated and applied a body lotion. When I applied it it looked like a normal body lotion, at first it didn’t give any color at all, but when I woke up in the morning I had got a sunkissed look to my skin. nothing dramatic but you could see it, it looked like I had been on holiday for a week. (now I don’t get easily tanned) I also applied it to my face and it worked out just fine, even though it’s not meant for your face. You can build the colour up if you want it to be darker. The scent is very strong when you apply it, but fades away after a some time. It smells like a mixture of a male parfume and mangoes. that’s the easiest way I can describe it.
so all in all:
+ nice colour, gives you a helthy glow!
+ nice packaging
+ easy to apply
+ dries fast
+ leaves a nice shimmer
+ you can build it up if you want it to be darker
(+ works on the face too, at least for me )
– a little bit expensive
– might not be natural enough for you
– contains DHA
I must say I love to be a little bit tanned, because I’m pale almost all year around. I will definitly keep using this, because I really like the result, sunkissed skin is always welcome in my life!
Today I’m going to write about Argan oil. You have probably heard of it by now, but have you tried it? I bought a bottle of Argan oil a month ago and I immediatly fell in love. It gives my skin an amazing glow that no other oil does and it does not make my face feel greasy. It’s able to get rid of acne scars and also acne itself. I can’t use avocado oil because it gives me breakout, but this does the opposite. I like to apply a few drops to my face after I’ve washed it when it’s still wet and my skin absorbs it really fast. Argan oil is extremely rich in beneficial nutrients including fatty acids and vitamin E.
Argan oil will suit you if you have oily, combination or/and sensitive skin
Skin benefits of Argan oil:
+ Gets rid of acne scars
+ Reduces acne
+ is anti-aging
+ improves skin metabolism
+ reduces inflammation
… and so much more.
I also like to apply it to my hair when I need more moisture or when I have frizzy hair.
Coconut oil or Argan oil? Which one is better?
I love coconut oil but somehow argan oil works better as a facial moisturizer. Argan oil is more lightweight than coconut oil and because I have oily skin lightweight is better for me. I still like to apply coconut oil as a body lotion or as a hair mask, I feel like argan oil is a little bit too expensive for me to use on my whole body.
After using argan oil for a month I’ve noticed that my skin looks more smooth, more glowing and has less acne scaring.
If you are looking for an Argan oil be sure to look for one that is 100% cold pressed, organic, virgin Argan oil. Argan oil should be the only ingridient.
I hope this post helped you! If you have questions just comment and I will answer 🙂